- Children Services
- Specialist Nursery & Primary School Open Day
- Milestone Club (0–3 years)
- Cygnet Transition Group (3–5 years)
- Red Boots School (5–11 years)
- NEW SERVICE: Intensive Movement Training (5–14 years)
- Sessional Services for Children (5–18 years)
- Brain Co-ordination Group for Children with Dyspraxia or DCD
- Parent Support Groups
- Initial Consultation
- How to Apply
At NICE we believe that we have a significant role in working with the parents and helping, guiding and supporting them in working with their child. Many parents are unsure of how they can support their child’s learning, may have questions they want to ask other parents about or may just want to feel that the people around them understand.
Everything in life is a balance. We work with the families in order to understand the situation more fully and then support in a practical way. We do not expect families to do ‘exercises’ with the child but to know how to actively involve them in family life.
We also understand the wider challenges of living with a disability e.g. benefits; EHC Plans etc. In order to meet these needs we run a range of workshops:
Practical workshops for parents
Discussion groups to share advice and ideas with other families
Topics for workshops and/or support groups are decided by those attending. Conductors will facilitate the transition of learning from NICE to the home environment.